This is your time to celebrate all of your achievements!
Olan Mills goal is to capture each graduate's individuality in their portraits. Our studios offer a variety of options to suit your budget and senior portrait needs. Our product options allow you to personalize your graduation session with unique and classic effects. Olan Mills also offers a variety of portrait greeting cards for seniors. Personalized portrait cards can be used for graduation announcements, open house invitations, and thank you cards. To prepare for your senior portrait session, you can view our background options and check out our senior gallery.
Don't forget about variety. Clothing changes are available during your Senior Session. Try to bring something a bit more formal, as well as a casual outfit. You should be comfortable and wear something that reflects your style! Also, bring your best friend, sibling, parent, boy friend or girl friend.
Things to consider when you are selecting your clothing:
- Express yourself! Bring in your sports or cheerleading uniform, letter jacket, cap and gown, musical instrument, art supplies, skateboard, or prom dress.
- Keep clothing simple in color and style. Avoid stripes, large, bold prints or patterns. They draw the eye away from the face.
- Dark shaded clothes are also more slimming in photos and look best on darker backgrounds.
- If you plan on doing full length photos, match your shoes with our outfit. Girls may want to paint your toes.
- Choose long-sleeved shirts and avoid bare shoulders or tank tops.
- White and pastel colored clothing look great on lighter backgrounds. Avoid light colors on dark backgrounds, this may overpower the image.
- Medium and dark solid colors are ideal for black-and-white portraits as well as formal portraits. Consider colors such as: gray, green, brown, rust, wine or blue. Your photographer can recommend the best background for your outfits.
Formal and Informal portrait ideas:
- Formal portraits are typically shot closer up.
- Guy's formal wear could include a suit, sport coat, sweater or dress shirt and tie. For girls, a dress, skirt and sweater or blouse.
- Informal portraits allow for more variety and creativity. Maybe it's a t-shirt you love, your favorite pair of jeans or your movie collection.
- Hair, Makeup and grooming.
- Plan to wear your hair in a style that you are comfortable with
or is natural to your everyday life.
- Makeup should be natural and fresh.
- Guys-should be clean shaven or have neatly trimmed facial hair.
- Avoid getting your hair cut less than a week before your session.